Aberystwyth MusicFest Data Protection Statement
Aberystwyth Musicfest records, safeguards and uses information that we hold on customers when they join any of our courses. MusciFest is committed to the protection of your privacy through compliance with the Data Protection Act and current best practice.
Legal basis for processing your information
When you sign up for a short course, the information we take from you and subsequently process will be done on the basis of MusicFest’s legitimate interest in processing that data because of the relationship established (General Data Protection Regulation Art. 6(1)(f)). We will ask your consent to process any sensitive information, such as medical conditions (see above), and process this information on the basis of that consent (General Data Protection Regulation Art. 6(1)(a)). Remember, you can email us on email@example.com to change your information or request for removal of certain information from our systems or to ask questions about the way in which we process your information.
How we collect information
In order to take part in any Aberystwyth MusicFest activity, we request that you provide us with basic information that will help us identify you and allow us to help you get the best experience from Aberystwyth MusicFest. We collect this information either:
- Via the web, when you book and pay for a course online
- By phone or post when you book and pay for a course
- In person from you, when you attend Aberystwyth MusicFest.
The information we collect
- We need to be able to identify our students and tutors on the courses
- This requires basic information such as your full name, address and contact details
- It might also include more sensitive data such as any medical issues that might affect your participation on a course, DRB status for tutors or your bank details for processing payments.
- We need information about any child attending a course, usually name, date of birth and a health declaration form.
How we use the information
- We use your personal information to book your place on a course;
- To ensure we meet our safeguarding obligations whilst you are attending MusicFest. We also use photography and film to record and promote Aberystwyth MusicFest. Students are asked for consent for this when booking a course.
- You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to change your information or request for removal from our systems.
Right of access
- You have the right to request permission to see what data we hold on your account and how we use this information to process your application. Please email email@example.com
Social Media Platforms
- We frequently use social media platforms to promote Aberystwyth MusicFest. We use photographs of our students in classes and other venues only with permission of that person.
- We sometimes have a professional photographer to come and take shots; permission will be asked for before the photoshoot.
- Sometimes our teachers will ask to take a shot during or after the class.
- No photographs or videos are taken without informing the group first.
- Any photographed used on our sites can be removed if the person wishes.
- We have a Facebook page MusicFest Aberystwyth which provides information about our activities.
- We have a Twitter page for information (@MusicFestAber)